The Flashover Simulator live-fire observation structure is designed to be a simple and affordable structure for any fire department looking to add flashover training to their safety training program. Because the Simulator is designed for repeated use, with some basic maintenance this Simulator will last your fire department for years to come.
The Flashover Simulator is designed, fabricated and built from (1) 8’ x 40’ ISO steel shipping container. The container is fabricated into an 8’ x 10’ fully insulated burn module and an 8’ x 20’ observation module. The two modules are connected via a continuous weld. The Simulator has been specifically designed for observation and recognition of fire behavior (from rollover to flashover) by varying fuel loading and altering ventilation. The Simulator may be either a stationary or mobile structure. Mobile structures may utilize either a light duty or heavy-duty trailer for mobility purposes.
Standard features of the Flashover Simulator include:
- Repeated live fire observation using class ‘a’ fuel. Class ‘a’ fuel will allow for fully alterable fire behavior by varying the fuel loading and ventilation.
- Standard Heavy-Duty Entry Doors, Burn Module access Doors and ‘Chimney’ Vent in the Observation Module.
- Steel Flooring with Brick Pavers in Burn Module.
- Hot-Dipped Galvanized Loading Platform with Stairs.
- Continuous weld to Burn and Observation Modules.
- Fixed Position Heat Baffle.
- On-Site Training by a Certified Fire Instructor.
Optional features of the Simulator include:
- Observation Module ‘Trench Vent’ Hatch.
- Burn Module ‘Quick Vent’ Hatch.
- Burn Module ‘Fire Induction Vent’/Floor Damper.
- Temperature Monitoring System.
All Fire Training Structures are NFPA 1402 and OSHA Compliant and can be fully customized.
To learn more about the Simulator or any of our other stationary structures give us a call at 1-877-268-8303 or fill out one of our quick contact forms and one of our FTS team members will contact you.
Take A Closer Look
View samples of the various stationary fire training structures we have custom manufactured for firefighters around the globe.